The research goal of Dr. Zhao’s group is to discover knowledge and develop new technologies for effective management of indoor environment and air emissions from agriculture animal feeding operations to improve health and the environmental quality, promote renewable energy or product generation, abate greenhouse effects, and enhance competitiveness and sustainability of the agricultural animal production industries.
The specific areas of interest are:
- Measurement and modeling of air emissions from animal production facilities to assess their health and environmental impacts;
- Development of effective mitigation technology to reduce air emissions and promote production of fertilizer and bioenergy;
- Innovative ventilation and indoor environmental quality control systems to abate heat stress, improve health, food safety, and energy efficiency;
- Precision livestock operation;
- Green homes and animal production systems with alternative environmental control system using renewable energy; and
- Educational research on the effectiveness of eLearning on Controlled Environment Animal Production.